SMEC awarded ACG the project to undertake works for the investigation of the design of Ocean Drive Duplication in Port Macquarie. These works were primarily in wet areas to determine the geotechnical foundation which would ultimately be under the new road alignment.
Scope of Works
- Clearing of vegetation and trees in the footprint of the access tracks.
- Construction of access tracks for all boreholes to allow drilling rigs and excavators to undertake the investigations.
- Drilling rig platforms included rock blankets.
- Erosion and Sediment Controls around the sensitive wet areas.
- Undertake drilling of test pits for visual inspections.
- Set up Traffic Control to undertake the works safely